The Shoebox Photo Collection
   
Moapa School Kids
Moapa School 1926-1951
  
Moapa School Building

Moapa School 1926-1951 Started in 1893, no records of students or building exist until about 1905 when the railroad was completed through Moapa. The first school was a one room building with two small storerooms in the front part, one for books and supplies and the other for coal. The school above was built in 1926 and closed in 1951. This school was part of Educational District No. 1 from 1918 until the county consolidation in 1956. With increased business activity including a power plant and some light manufacturing a new elementary school was built in Moapa in 1989.

<   Shoebox Photo Directory   >

2010 CCSD Archive Committee. All Rights Reserved.