The Shoebox Photo Collection
   
The Westside School

  Before 1923 there was no school to serve the children of the Westside area. They had to cross the railroad tracks and walk some distance to the Las Vegas Grammar School built in 1910 on Fourth Street between Clark and Bridger Streets. In 1923 the Las Vegas Grammar School Branch No. 1. opened with a two room school with additional rooms added in 1928 and eight more rooms added in 1948. The school located at Washington and D Streets, became known as the Westside School.

<   Shoebox Photo Directory   >

2010 CCSD Archive Committee. All Rights Reserved.