Clark County High School No. 1, the official name but commonly referred to as Las Vegas High School was built in 1917 on the corner of Fourth and Carson. It was used until
1930 when a new Las Vegas High School was built at 7th and Bridger. After this date it remained in use for the upper elementary grades until it was destroyed by fire on May 11, 1935.
Other high schools in the county at the time were, Clark County High School No 2, (Bunkerville High School) and Clark County High School No. 3, (Overton High School). Beginning about 1919 the State Department of Education refers to these three schools by their location name.