The Shoebox Photo Collection
   
Las Vegas Grammar School
Las Vegas Grammar School

  Las Vegas Grammar School built in 1910, was the first “permanent” school in Las Vegas. This building housed the elementary grades. The Clark County High School used one or two classrooms until 1917 when the high school opened next to this building. The building was discontinued for school purposes in 1964, sold to the U.S. Government, and dismantled for the site to be used for the present Federal Building on Las Vegas Boulevard.

<   Shoebox Photo Directory   >

©2010 CCSD Archive Committee. All Rights Reserved.